Man Suffers Second Degree Burns After Vape Explodes In His Face

Updated: Dec 17, 2018


A vape exploded while in a man’s mouth causing him grievous body harm. A total of 66 such cases have been reported to the FDA between 2015 and 2016.


Key takeaways:

  • The accident happened while Andrew was in the bathroom with the device shattering into pieces while in his mouth.

  • The e-cigarette knocked out several teeth in the mouth and left him with second degree burns to the cheeks.

  • Batteries used in the e-cigarettes are widely blamed for the vape pen explosions reported by users.

'I've lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips,' he told Facebook friends.


Read the full story here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4125240/Idaho-man-loses-teeth-vape-explodes-face.html


For further information or advice contact College Street Dental Centre in Petersfield, Hampshire on 01730 263180

Contact Us

​Fields with (*) are required.
Please contact us via this website or email without disclosing confidential information.
arrow&v

Opening Hours

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday orthodontic appointments available upon request.​

8.30 am - 5.30 pm

8.30 am - 5.30 pm

8.30 am - 5.30 pm

8.30 am - 5.30 pm

8.30 am - 4.00 pm

Address

College Street Dental Centre

28 College Street

Petersfield

Hampshire

GU31 4AF

CALL: 01730 263180

Social

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
  • Blog

​​​​© College Street Dental Centre. All Rights Reserved

Authorised: DFW