Updated: Dec 17, 2018
Toothaches should never be ignored. A man in the U.S. died from a tooth infection even after having been treated with antibiotics.
Vadim Kondratyuk, a 26-year-old man, died from a tooth infection that spread into his lungs and bloodstream.
The young man had a tooth abscess caused by bacterial infection in the tooth. Rarely does a tooth infection lead to death.
A tooth abscess should be promptly treated with antibiotics, root canal or even tooth extraction to prevent spread of disease material.
If the infection doesn’t drain, it could spread to your jaw, head, or neck—or, like in Kondratyuk’s case, to you bloodstream.
Read the full story here
For further information or advice contact College Street Dental Centre in Petersfield, Hampshire on 01730 263180